Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Playing around with the Suse..


And this is the first post from the Suse Linux i installed in the lab on Monday. I had some more things to fix on it like screen resolution. I came to the lab in the afternoon yesterday and something funny happened.

It was about 3 pm and Data Structure lab exam for S4 was going on in the lab. So the lab was full with faculties and the students. I found no vacant seats but one next to a girl. The exam really seem to be a tough one as her face told well about it. The machine was on which DNS is running. That may be the why it is left vacant. I took the seat opened the console sshed to the previously installed machine. I logged as root and opened Opera. I was typing quickly. Somehow a pen fell down from her table. I took the pen without looking to her face placed on the table. Looking really serious. She was wondering what this guy is frantically doing?

Within 15 minutes Shaneed and Yadu came so did Priya ma'am came. Shaneed and Yadu started talking to me may be a bit loud. Usually Priya ma'am don't like students from other batches during lab exams. I was about to load blogger. Suddenly a voice came from back "They are having lab exams it is better not to disturb them" to Yadu and Shaneed. They suddenly left. So i can't stay there longer either. So I suddenly closed the windows and left off quickly without looking to anything.

I got some time to play with OS now. Now everything seems to work properly. And I found out one thing. LCD in wrong resolution is horrible. I first put 1024x768 and start menu ( the one in previous post) took more than half of the screen. I was really irritated by that at that time. Now fixed this everything seems to be running fine. I have to install beryl on this. This is my next adventure..

No comments: